We’ve been blessed to be able to hang out wih my brother, Ed, this week. He’s been in the UK and South Africa for about 8 months and I’ve missed him lots.
Here are some things I’m really thankful for:
- Ed being able to co-ordinate stopovers in Sydney and Perth, even though he’s in Australia for meetings in Bribane
- Ed’s company being OK with those stopovers
- My boss letting me leave early at short notice on Tuesday so that I could pick him up at the airport and spend the afternoon with him
- Green lights all the way from Parramatta to Mascot (38mins from start to finish at 1.30 in the afternoon!) so that I made it in time to pick him up
- The ease with which we could laugh and share together
- The thoughtful man my brother’s turned into
- The fact that Ed is still in one piece after so many adventures in dangerous places
- The way this blog (of all things!) has helped us not just keep in touch, but maintain some measure of shared experience despite the distance
- The very cool South African products Ed brought back for us…
God is at work in very big and very small ways — and they are all good.