I got back the other day from the Community Indicators Summit 09 in beautiful Brisbane. The presentations were much better than the last conference I went to. You will be spared from 10 days of ranting. But here are some brief questions and reflections:
- What is with the word ‘learnings’?
- You could almost feel the glare bouncing off the overwhelming white-ness of a room full of 300 government representatives and statisticians.
- Why don’t we acknowledge country very often at the start of Christian conferences/public lectures etc.?
- It was strange to be revelling in ‘t-shirt weather’ while Queenslanders got around in boots and overcoats.
- Is the idea of ‘empowerment’ unbiblical? I’ve heard it said, but I’m not sure.
- It sucks being stuck in a hotel conference room while the sun is shining on a city you’ve never properly explored.