I like drama. I really do. But, on a Friday night after a week at work, I love action movies. Actually, I like them all the time. Here’s some reasons why:
- They don’t require much higher order thought.
- I like the one-liner humour.
- The hero is generally a good guy/girl. You like the hero. This makes it emotionally less exhausting.
- While they may not involve talented actors, I do appreciate the beauty of talented people doing martial arts.
- They (usually) still care about plot; they have beginnings, middles and ends.
- Usually, the ending provides satisfying resolution.
- They invoke physical reactions — revulsion, shock, laughter, even cheering…
- I like that they use technology (on both sides of the camera).
- They spend a lot of money making things look good.