OK. We haven’t actually been to Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens or Staten. But we have been from the Battery to the tip of Manhattan (and out to Princeton). And we’ve had the song stuck in our head the whole week.
NYC has shattered our expectations at every turn:
- That uber-busy New Yorkers wouldn’t have time to help others (lost tourists and locals alike)
- That it would be hard to find fresh food and good coffee — and no, our standards have not dropped
- That we wouldn’t feel safe (wandering the streets at night, riding the subway, etc)
- That we’d be cold — it has been cold, but even Aussie clothing can be effective when layered
- That we’d American accents on every corner — there is just so much diversity…
And now for some photographic highlights: