Summer’s arrived. And so has my summer reading!
As well as trying to reel in Moby Dick, I’m hoping to read:
- The King Jesus Gospel by Scot McKnight.
- Desiring the Kingdom by James K. A. Smith.
- Improvisation by Samuel Wells.
- Simple Church by Thom Rainer and Eric Geiger.
- And Uncertainty by Jonathan Fields.
In one way or another, the key theme is shaping up to be Christian formation — the why, what and how of seeing people matured as fully devoted, thriving and proactive disciples, disciple-makers, servants and children of the Father.
Basically, I want to figure out how to foster a culture that reflects and promotes the gospel.
So any suggestions for extending or deepening this list will be gratefully received!